Jay Z’s Scoreboard
The newly vegan Jay Z has taken to his Life + Times blog with a post entitled “The Scoreboard.” Check out how Hova ranks his albums below, with his parenthetical notes.
Say what you will about the man, but at least he’s honest — just check out his defence of the super-forgettable Kingdom Come (“First game back, don’t shoot me”). Although ranking the steaming turd that was Magna Carta as middle of the pile is surely a joke.
1. Reasonable Doubt (Classic)
2. The Blueprint (Classic)
3. The Black Album (Classic)
4. Vol. 2 (Classic)
5. American Gangster (4 1/2, cohesive)
6. Magna Carta (Fuckwit, Tom Ford, Oceans, Beach, On the Run, Grail)
7. Vol. 1 (Sunshine kills this album…fuck… Streets, Where I’m from, You Must Love Me…)
8. BP3 (Sorry critics, it’s good. Empire (Gave Frank a run for his money))
9. Dynasty (Intro alone…)
10. Vol. 3 (Pimp C verse alone… oh, So Ghetto)
11. BP2 (Too many songs. Fucking Guru and Hip Hop, ha)
12. Kingdom Come (First game back, don’t shoot me)